CONNELLS Archives

September 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:30:47 EDT

<< Also, does anybody really know what "1934" is about?? I've heard that
 it's about not wanting to go home (thanks to a critic in an article
 somewhere), but I can't see how he gets this from having "silver hidden
 under the floor" that's "been there since the Civil War" so he'll be home
 by "1934."  >>

Didn't someone awhile back (Lee perhaps?) say that those lines were in
reference to George's grandmother who hid her silver under the floor boards of
her house during the Civil War? I also seem to recall whoever saying that she
then forgot where it was and then it was found many years later.

And, totally unrelated, but I have to pass it along that to all you fellow
Springsteen fans out there, the box set looks like a definite go for 11/17!!
Whoo-hoo!!!

-Erica