CONNELLS Archives

October 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:38:48 EDT
Hey all...
 caught Whiskeytown last night at the Brewery here in Raleigh....what a
fabulous show. Anyone who would like the Replacements-gone-Son-Volt will love
these guys. When Dede first heard them, she said "I know now why you like them
so much...they sound just like the Replacements!!" to which I disagreed. But
seeing them, Ryan Adams is so reminescent of a PTMM-era Westerberg, I have to
agree.

 They played alot of new stuff (going into the studio soon, they said....there
was a big sign when you walked in that said "no audio/video taping" so that
was probably why...) and some of their older stuff. During "16 Days" they all
traded instruments (much like the Mats used to), and "If He Can't Have You"
was a highlight.... really energized overall....and my God, can Caitlan Cary
play that fiddle!!!

Lou Ford, from Charlotte, opened. They're aquaintances of mine and have a cd
out now.....it's along the same vein of music, and they use a stand-up
bass....great sound. They're both a don't miss....

now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
-Erica