CONNELLS Archives

April 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:37:21 -0700
--- "Angela L. Spring"  aka "Brittney" wrote:
> Hey everybody!  You missed a great time in Charlotte if you didn't
> get a
> chance to go...a good time was had by all.

Oh good God, yes!  The *real* party was in the Adams Mark Hotel
bar...with our good friends Lance Petersworth and Thompson.;D

The Boone show was much fun...kind of a nasty day, tho'.  The crowd was
small (and young) but VERY enthusiastic.  They seemed as excited to
hear the new stuff as they were to hear the old.  New songs played:
George's "The Deal" and Mike's "Back in Blighty" and "21" (down from
"31 two weeks ago--pretty soon it's gonna be "11"!:) )  Oh! and a
lovely cover of "Here Comes My Baby"...I think that's the name...in
Charlotte.  And the intro to "Shakedown Street" in Boone.

New DrumBoy Jeremy Vogt, altho' still on probation, did a terrific job!
 There were some rough spots, particularly "Slackjawed" (we got the
extended disco mix in Boone when Jerm forgot the ending), but all in
all a fine effort.  Still miss Peele, tho'.

Hope to see a big turnout in Norfolk.  I'll be there, the infamous Wes
in tow.  If you've never met my brother Wesley, now's your chance.;)

Take care, ya'll!!

Dede aka "Deirdre"