ATEG Archives

September 1999

From:
Robert Einarsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:55:31 -0600
Dear xql,

I'm with Paul Wilson on this one.

I don't think that any of the four choices is correct:

>Electricity is to the agriculture _____ blood is to the body.
>A)like
>B)that
>C)which
>D)what

This is what I would call the correct answer:

"Electricity is to agriculture as blood is to the body."

As Paul notes,  there is also a problem with the article, "the."

It should say just "agriculture," not "the agriculture."

On the other hand, it _should_ say "the body," not just "body."

Don't ask me why!

The rules for articles might be a subject that other ATEG
members could speak on.

Sincerely,
Robert Einarsson
www.artsci.gmcc.ab.ca/people/einarssonb