OHIOFIRE Archives

October 1999

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Curlis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:17:57 -0400
For Your Information;

Fire Safety Inspections of BGSU Buildings are an on-going effort, Year Around!

Naturally, we have many responsibilities relating to fire safety issues
here at Bowling Green,
which we address daily, but any spare time is devoted to Fire Safety
Inspections.

This program has proven its value; as inspections increased,violations have
decreased!

We also have an excellent working relationship with the City of Bowling
Green Fire
Division and their inspectors are on campus weekly conducting inpections
and "Pre-Fire Planning of our facilities.  They are automatically included
in all
plans review of renovations and new construction on campus.

Their presence has helped enhance the university's fire safety awareness.

They also accompany the University Fire Safety Officer when requested to do
so.

Thanks

John Curlis, Fire Safety Officer
BGSU