In a message dated 12/14/01 10:02:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Next October, the Midwest Archives Conference (MAC) will hold its annual
> Fall meeting in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.  As we develop
> the meeting's program offerings, we would like to enlist your help in
> cultivating session and workshop ideas.

The Black Hills of South Dakota are definitely a treat for your eyes. Don't
forget that Mt. Rushmore is located there. BUT I am thoroughly disappointed
that more care was not taken in planning when the conference would take place.

It is really hard to believe that one of the major events of South Dakota
will be missed by having the conference in the Fall. What event are you
talking about PA? you ask Well Chris (Keep your hand down Bill Jackson of
H-D) I am talking about the one and only rally held each summer at Sturgis.
Just think we all could have borrowed a hog and arrived in style will Bill
and the rest of the Harley-Davidson staff leading the way.

To learn more about Sturgis click (or copy-n-paste) the following url.
http://rally.sturgis.sd.us/

Well since the conference can't be moved maybe you could prevail on Bill or
someone from Harley to give a talk about their archives?

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va