I agree.  I am in the midst of processing a large central file of photographs.  It can take me  a week or more to do a cubic foot.   However, it depends on the condition of the materials when it arrives.

Ketina Taylor
Still Picture Processing Team
National Archives and Records Adm.

>>> "Banning, Diana" <[log in to unmask]> 12/12/01 04:32PM >>>
It depends on the collection.  Working with governmental records which are
notorious for duplication and superfluous information, we average 3 hours
per cubic foot for textual records (includes weed, housing and description).
Non-textual records up the ante significantly, especially photographs.
Images can take a week or more for the same quantity.

Diana Banning
City Archivist
Recorder's Division
Office of the City Auditor