Wanda,
   You just wrote two strong paragraphs that rather dramatically break
your own rules. I assume that they say what you would like them to say
and the number of sentences and organization of sentences at least
roughly fit those purposes.  Wouldn't a good student paper do the same
thing?
    Is a final settling on ideas a first sentence decision, or can it
come after long thinking and pondering?
   Could you do the same thing without making the claim that a paper
SHOULD fit that form?
    Should we judge all writing by those standards?

Craig