Sarah,

My experience in Muncie suggests that “whole nother” spreads well north of the Old National Road.  I’m from Michigan, by the way, and I’ve used it as long as I can remember, not that a sample of one counts for much.

Herb

From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah White
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 11:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "To go" or not "to go"

Ditto from central Indiana, the state that linguistically divides right down its center line. "... A whole 'nother thing" comes from south of U.S. 40.

--Sarah White

Visit ATEG's web site at http://ateg.org/ To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"