From: "Veit, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:14:17 PM
Subject: Re: Defining Traditional Grammar

I cannot express how tedious I find this conversation. It is like
listening to people in parallel universes talking past each other, with
no prospect of achieving communication.

Please, one and all, give it a rest. When someone says something over
and over that you think is stupid, just let it go. Isn't it obvious by
now that the prospect of making the other person think as you do is nil?
Please give up too the idea that you must achieve victory in a debate.

Can we please move on?

Richard Veit
Department of English, UNCW