Thanks, Craig, for your comments and for your steering me toward some
helpful texts after the ATEG meeting Saturday evening in Nashville.
Your helpful remarks that day went a long way toward clarifying the
ideas and positions in this discussion.

I am reading Hillock's book on teaching writing (1995), and it is a
page-turner for me today (on the planes back to Salt Lake).

It was good to meet you and several others Saturday.

Gordon Hultberg
Salt Lake City