From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Edward Vavra
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Prepositional phrase as an indirect object

    I was recently asked about "to me" in the sentence "Jack hit the ball to me." Is "to me" an adverbial prepositional phrase, or can it be considered a prepositional phrase that functions as an indirect object, i.e., as a noun? My question is--Do members of this list agree on one or the other explanation, or is their disagreement?

Thanks,

Ed

Visit ATEG's web site at http://ateg.org/ To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"