A colleague sent me the following inquiry. My reply is below.

Dick,

Exactly what does this headline say/mean?

Carol

Bush voices support for anti-abortion rights opponents

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush marked the 34th anniversary of the Roe
v. Wade Supreme Court decision Monday, telling thousands of abortion
foes he shares their goal of seeing "the day when every child is
welcomed in life and protected into law."