From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul E. Doniger
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Comments?

Bill, et all,

Of course, we can also make the welkin dance (indeed), Thy hounds can make the welkin anwer them / And fetch shrill echoes from the hollow earth, and sometimes hideous echoes make the welkin howl. I suppose this thread has effected a response from me among others, but whether that usage of 'effect' as a verb is acceptable by all is out of my welkin entirely!

);--}

Paul D.