Purely from a public speaking standpoint, all three do fairly well.  McCain strives for an “everyman” approach, Clinton goes for “Powerful Woman” in her voice, and Obama is leaning toward an almost call-and-response flavor.  I did hear Obama promise to pronounce the word “nuclear” as…well…”nuclear,” which made me chuckle.

-patty

From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Morrison
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: McCain, Obama, Clinton...Who has the best grammar?

I am curious to see which of the candidates has the best grammar and who is the most well-spoken. I will be listening attentively to upcoming speeches, interviews, and press conferences. It would be nice to have a president who has a strong command of the English language. That person will get my vote (maybe). Any favorites?

CLM