From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brad Johnston
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 3:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: pronunciation of "been"

You let a native Frenchman teach you linguistics?  (in English, I presume)

Wow!

Isn't that like taking tennis lessons from a golf pro?

"Spruiell, William C" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

one of my undergraduate linguistics professors, who happened to be a native speaker of French ...

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"

Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote