Bruce,

Wise words, and kind.

Herb

From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce D. Despain
Sent: 2008-03-07 07:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Problems with communication

There are some issues that seem clear enough to me, but I am unable to see a way out.  As time goes by, it becomes more difficult for me to accuse anyone of wrong doing.  Once upon a time I looked into psychology as a possible direction to understand a disorder I was suffering.  I came to realize at that time that there are certain personality disorders that make it impossible for the person suffering from them to communicate effectively.  (Cf. DSM 301.00 etc.)  Unfortunately, there was precious little that could be done for me until I myself could admit that there might be a problem to be dealt with.  I think the sad plight of many homeless people is due to such suffering; the inability to step outside and judge one's own actions using objective standards.