And does putting the period outside the last quote also apply to all quotes setting of an expression rather than an actual quote?

Ah, to speak the Queen's English!

Geoff

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix". Check it out. To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"