From: Johanna Rubba <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 5:47 pm
Subject: Re: A Test of Essential Academic Skills

  ATEG being affiliated with NCTE, wouldn't be appropriate for ATEG to issue a statement on this execrable test and make it known to both the state of Idaho and ATI? I don't know if such statements would have to be "vetted" by any higher-up NCTE committees or officers.

I found the home page for ATI:

http://www.atitesting.com/

Perhaps a letter signed by a number of us "experts" would at least inform them of the situation. Their contact info gives both a snail address and an e-mail address for comments.

Dr. Johanna Rubba, Ph. D.
Associate Professor, Linguistics
Linguistics Minor Advisor
English Dept.
Cal Poly State University San Luis Obispo
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
Ofc. tel. : 805-756-2184
Dept. tel.: 805-756-2596
Dept. fax: 805-756-6374
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

  Get the MapQuest Toolbar, Maps, Traffic, Directions & More!
To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"   Visit ATEG's web site at http://ateg.org/