From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Adams
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 3:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Grammar Texts

I am thinking that it might be useful to some on this list to see a list of texts that could be used in a credit grammar course.  So I thought I would get the list going with the texts I'm familiar with and then ask others to add to the list.  Please understand that I am not necessarily recommending all of these, but I thought people might find it useful to see what their options are.  So here's a list of the grammar texts I find on my shelf today:

Biber, Douglas, Susan Conrad, and Geoffrey Leech.  Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English.  Longman.

Greenbaum, Sidney.  Oxford English Grammar.  Oxford UP.

Greenbaum, Sidney, and Randolph Quirk.  A Student's Grammar of the English Language.  Longman.

Hancock, Craig.  Meaning-Centered Grammar: An Introductory Text.  Equinox.

Huddleston, Rodney, and Geoffrey K. Pullum. The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language.  Cambridge UP.

Kaplan, Jeffrey.  English Grammar: Principles and Facts.  Prentice Hall.

Klammer, Thomas P., Muriel R. Schulz, and Angela della Volpe.  Analyzing English Grammar.  Pearson.

Kolln, Martha, and Robert Funk.  Understanding English Grammar. Pearson.

Morenberg, Max.  Doing Grammar. Oxford UP.

What have I overlooked?

Peter Adams

= To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"

Visit ATEG's web site at http://ateg.org/ To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select "Join or leave the list"