Edith Wollin

From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Castilleja, Janet
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: What kind of clause is this?

Quirk et al call it a that-clause modifying an adjective.  I always have
a hard time calling clauses that begin with 'that' adverb clauses, but
then I'm stuck for a name.  A friend of mine just calls them subordinate
clauses.

Janet Castilleja

  _____