Google

Web
 Results 1 - 10 of about 4,610,000 for brad johnston. (0.52 seconds)

--- On Sun, 2/1/09, Richard Wallis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Richard Wallis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: "Biff" and "Brad"
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 1:01 PM

#yiv1717060009 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv1717060009 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

Herb reminds us of the following:

"

<Biff> was the name of the dog, a pet of the group at Bell Labs that developed UNIX, and they had trained Biff to fetch the mail for them."

An interesting note is that 'biff  y'  is the UNIX notification that incoming mail has arrived (the 'y' is for "yes"). So I suggest that we henceforth refer to our resident mail troll as "Biffy."

Do you know that our Biffy attended Shortridge High School in Indianapolis? He is apparently 78 years old, is now retired and lives in Warrenton, Virginia, and was a member of something called the "Sphinx Club" at Wabash College (Indiana)?

Ain't the Internet wonderful?