Edgar,
   And what could be better than the last two lines of Stevens' "The Snow
Man"?

"And, nothing himself, beholds
Nothing that is not there and the nothing that is."

I also couldn't help myself in thinking of replacing Teddy Roosevelt's
famous "walk softly" statement with "tiptoe". "Tiptoe, but carry a big
stick." I don't mean that as a disparagement of the advice. It helps to
remember that, at some level, there are no synonyms.

Craig>

All,