My reading of classics was a completed action before my past tense
attendance at high school.

Her taking of classes was a completed action before her past tense claim.

Our correction of papers a completed action before our past return of the
papers to the professors( -or our geese would have been cooked).

My seeing was in the past; the inaction of the students was a completed past
(in)action before my past seeing took place.

At the time in the past when the last meeting occurred, my colleague most
certainly "was NOT enthusiastic" or he would not have been seeking

another position.  He had been thoroughly disillusioned by the bigotry and
stupidity of the dean at a time on the past.  Not even the grossest of

nescience can justify the ignorance/illiteracy shown in the suggested change
to the sentence.  If you know that little about English, you are

wasting my time and everyone else's on this list.

I have more to do than waste my time with a patently illiterate commenter.

Do not bother replying; I shall not waste my valuable time reading such
asininities.

I disagree very strongly with some of the posters but I respect their
opinions.  Your usage of tenses would rate an F in my eighth-grade English

class if I were teaching one again.  In my seventh grade class, I would only
fail you after I had taught sequence of tenses.  I should remark that

none of my seventh-grade students failed a test requiring them to write
using correct sequence of tenses.  Then again, they were primarily the

children of homes where the parents read no newspapers or magazines.

N. Scott Catledge, PhD/STD

Professor Emeritus

history & languages

  _____