I never knew that, Amanda.  Thanks so much for that useful information.

Linda Comerford
317.786.6404
www.comerfordconsulting.com

From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amanda Dill
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 11:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ISBN Questions

Hello all!

A trade edition is usually a smaller or standard paper size edition of the same text. Reader's Digest, for example, often publishes several novels together in a larger than usual paperback--the size is such that they haven't had to cut down the paper from it's stock size, which usually makes it slightly cheaper than the traditional paperback size.

Amanda Dill
Vice President, Literati
East Central University Ada, OK

Worst Blogger Ever:  www.amandadill.blogspot.com
I GoodSearch for the Intracranial Hypertension Research Foundation.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Linda Comerford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi All,

In my quest to replace my spiral-bound 8th Edition of The Gregg Reference Manual, I reached out to all of you regarding its ISBN.  Interestingly, both Marylyn Calabrese and Reva Daniel replied with two different ISBNs for supposedly the same book.  When I asked Reva about those, she discovered that Marylyn's is a "spiral trade edition" while hers represents a "spiral bound text edition."

Would any of you know what those descriptive differences mean?  And for those of you ordering any kind of books who may not be aware of this, different ISBNs exist for similar publications.

Confusing and interesting!  Thanks again for all your assistance and sympathy.

Linda