Along with Lead on, O King eternal {kinky turtle}, we also are blessed with

Gladly the cross-eyed bear and Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me.

Back in the Dark Ages when I began teaching at a small-town high school,
grades

were given for homeroom based on how well they learned their assignments:
the

writing of the Lord's Prayer, the 23rd Psalm, and the Star-Spangled Banner.

I announced after the practice test that I had a classroom of atheists: all

had written, "Our Father, which aren't in Heaven."  I got a good chance to

teach EME to regular English students: I had all of my homeroom in my
English

class.  The 'art' was easily explained, "Thou art the Father, I am the Son."

I also quoted the joke that only the Americans got familiar with God-using a
verb

form that other languages used for sweethearts, children, and servants.
Using

the Lord's prayer, the 23rd Psalm, and the Star-Spangled Banner, I got a lot
of

grammar and vocabulary taught in homeroom.  The Lord's Prayer writers could
not

agree on Harold be Thy name, Horrible be Thy name, Hollow be Thy name; the
kids

laughed most at Hallowe'en be Thy name until I pointed that he had come
closest

by using "Hallow."  Another good vocabulary lesson was enjoyed by all.

N. Scott Catledge, PhD/STD

Professor Emeritus

history & languages

THL Colm Dubh

Herald Extraordinaire

Ensign Herald, Trimaris

Apprentice to Master Finn Normansson, Baron Seleone