It's neither your persistence nor your sincerity (and, as others have noted, the issues you sometimes raise) that are at issue, merely your noisesome style - to wit the drum-bangers.  They are nothing but persistent and no doubt sincere, but nonetheless tiresomely noisy.

Geoff Layton

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 07:25:20 -0800
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Walking with Geoffrey Layton
To: [log in to unmask]

On Sat, 2/27/10, Geoffrey Layton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

PS TO MR JOHSON:  What will it take to make you stop?  I'm reminded of the kids who pound on their plastic trash can drums in front of the Art Institute, or the god-awful musicians who make a worse noise than the subway trains - I want to ask them, "How much to get you to stop?!"

Dear Mr. Layton,

I persist because YOU, if you do teach or should teach grammar, are not doing your job.

When Herb replies, pay attention the the exchanges that follow, and you will learn something you don't know now but should be teaching your students.

My persistence is totally sincere. Do not be persuaded otherwise.

.brad.sun.28feb10.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/