Do you have a problem with the use of the perfect in the second clause, “expulit”?

I am working on a response to your query about remote past, but there is a set of shared assumptions we need to be aware of, whether we both assume them or not.

Herb

From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brad Johnston
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: WARNING, 'had' item, Latin for Dummies

Latin for Dummies

               by Clifford Hull, Steven Perkins and Tracy Barr, c.2002.

Post Cicero Clodium e domu Caesaris expulerat, Clodius Ciceronem ex urbe expulit.

After Cicero had driven Clodius from Caesar's house, Clodius drove Cicero from the city.

This in reply to my standing challenge that there is at least one 'had' error on any grammar website or in any textbook you can name.

This is the only example given. There are two other 'had' errors in the preamble but I only promise one.

This is Exhibit #100+ (which proves what?)

.brad.24feb10.

Semper ubi sub ubi