"Forty years ago" seems to function much like a prepositional phrase, but
with "ago" as a *post*position rather than a *pre*position.

Thanks for posing this question, Janet. I look forward to being enlightened
by responses from others.

Dick

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Castilleja, Janet <[log in to unmask]