Mary Jo, you're right.  One final thought on this current topic and
then I'll pose
a new question.

The problem with instant deletion may very well blip folks who are
talking about
something other than whatever was originally offending.  May I suggest
that one
might at the very least add a caveat in the original Subject line to
indicate a change
of topic?

Now, to my ignorance:  I'd very much like to hear a discussion of what
some of us
old folks once called nominative absolutes.

tj