From: Eduard Hanganu <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: common irregular verbs
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:23:56 -0600

Brad,

What is clear from all your posts is that you don't understand tenses. The Past Perfect is not unique to English, and it has a definite function on the time axis that cannot be reduced to the function of the Past Tense. In your redundant examples of "wrong usage" of "had" you fail to provide evidence that the Simple Past can peform the same function the Past Perfect performs.

Eduard