Linda,

Yahoo, forever locked in mortal combat for supremacy, also offers a similar feature with Beta mail.

.brad.01dec10.

From: John Crow <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, December 1, 2010 3:27:23 AM
Subject: Re: ATEG Digest - 28 Nov 2010 to 29 Nov 2010 (#2010-208)

Hi Linda,

Two suggestions (more coming from others, I'm sure):

1)  Use Gmail (a Google program) as your email handler.  PROS:  It will automatically block what it thinks is spam--and it does a great job of that for me.  You can also mark messages as spam and the program will improve its spam blocking for you.  CON:  You would have to change your email address and let everyone know the new address (EX:  [log in to unmask]).  Go to gmail.com to sign up.

2)  Use Outlook to receive your email.  (It comes bundled with Microsoft Office.)  PROS:  You can create a rule to block messages.  EX:  Block anything whose address begins with "info".  With this option, you don't have to change your email address.  CON:  Getting it set up properly to handle your email isn't that easy--you might need a bit of help.

John

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Linda Comerford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi All,

This is totally off the subject so near and dear to our hearts--grammar--but since we're talking about computer issues, I have a question related to that.

Can any of you recommend something to block spam?  My current e-mail provider has only a black list requiring numerous steps to block one address.  I foolishly replied to some Internet add and now receive about 150 messages a day all going to [log in to unmask]  The "fill-in-the-blank" part after the "@" is always different, but all the messages start with "info."  I'm looking for something that will block anything that starts with "info."

I'm sorry to impose on you with such an out-of-left-field question, but I'm getting rather desperate to unclutter my inbox so it has room for valuable messages like the ones from this list.

Thank you.

Linda

Linda Comerford
317.786.6404