Perhaps the author objects to the passive voice (although I'm not sure what
the justification would be if the sentence is in isolation)? By the way, a
Google search of the sentence shows several sites, including the Keeneshaw
Chamber of Commerce, using that wording. The natives don't seem to object!

John

--
--
John