From: John Chorazy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: grammar question/adverb or adjective
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:09:54 -0500

Speaking of adjectives and adverbs... The sentence below caused some healthy discussion in my classes today. From this model we found the simple sentence to be One is the mayor. Any thoughts on parsing the prepositional phrases acting as adverbs and adjectives? And can we say that dressed is a participle modifying men and like penguins is then an adverbial modifying dressed?

                 One of the men dressed like penguins in one of these rooms is the mayor.

Thanks very much!

 John

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Scott Woods <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear List,

In the sentence "The sun is usually blazing hot," how would you analyze "blazing"?

Thanks,
Scott

--
John Chorazy