An interesting case.  I can come up with similar sentences, like

That water is boiling hot.
The stove is burning hot.
That pole is freezing cold.

I don't find it with sound adjectives:

?The music is blaring loud.

or with visual adjectives:

?That yellow is blinding bright.

There does seem to be an ambiguity in the first set of sentences.  "The sun is usually blazing hot, but those sunspots have cooled it a little." where the sense is that "hot" is an adjective complement to the verb "blazing."  I get that reading for "blaring loud" but not for "blinding bright."

But on the question of grammatical analysis, I'd call "blazing" and adjective used adverbially.  For some reason the participial adjectives in examples like these don't like to take -ly.

Herb

Herbert F. W. Stahlke, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of English
Ball State University