Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 00:56:55 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New book on metalinguistic awareness
To: [log in to unmask]

    If Herb is not interested, I'll write
      the review.

      Mike

      I thought of that, too - let me check. But in the
        meantime, if Herb defers, how about you?

          Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:58:19 -0400

          From: [log in to unmask]

          To: [log in to unmask]

          I'll defer to Herb. He saw it
            first. The book is expensive. Would the publisher send him a
            copy for review?

            Herb -- What is SinS?

            Mike

            Which one of you guys is going to volunteer
              to review the book for ATEG Journal? Or you can both
              review it in a joint contribution.

                Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:20:23
                -0400

                From: [log in to unmask]

                Subject: New book on metalinguistic awareness

                To: [log in to unmask]

                Herb

                  Thanks for the notice about the new book. It certainly
                  looks interesting. A related book that I would
                  recommend is Roehr and Ganem-Gutierrez's "The
                  Metalinguistic Dimension in Instructed Second Language
                  Learning" that came out in 2013. Applied linguistics
                  deals a lot with metalinguistic awareness in teaching
                  a second language.

                  Mike

                  Has anyone seen this book?  It looks worth a review in SinS.

Herb

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1552. Mon Mar 23 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

                To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the
                list's web interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html
                and select "Join or leave the list" Visit ATEG's web
                site at http://ateg.org/