From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Bruce Despain <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 8:26:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Request for Help with Diagramming a Sentence

Richard,

The fact that ATEG doesn't accept attachments seems to require a description of the Reed-Kellogg diagram in words.
Here is how I would be inclined to do it:

The introductory "and so" would be placed above and to the left on its own horizontal line.
The phrasal preposition "instead of" would be on a diagonal line sloping away from the main verb "send" as and adverbial modification.
The object of the said phrasal preposition, "writing."  would extend above its base on stilts being a gerund object on a jagged line separated from its object by a short vertical stroke.
The "our" is an adjective modifier of "writing" diagonally and extending from the jagged gerund line.
The noun object of "writing" is an infinitive phrase and belongs on stilts with the "to" on a diagonal line down to the horizontal base of the verb "meet."
The noun object "needs" of "meet" is separated from this verb with a short horizontal stroke and has it adjective modifier "their" on a diagonal line projecting downward.
The main horizontal base line is for the subject "we" separated from its verb "send" with a perpendicular vertical line.
The adverbial particle "off" is considered a modifier of the verb "send."  It's direct object "it" is separated with a short vertical stroke.
The time noun "moment" is taken as object of an understood preposition "x" also extending from "send" as an time modifier of the verb.
The phrase "it meets ours" is taken as an adjective (relative) clause with an understood pronoun connective "x" meaning "at which."
The "which" is a modifier of "moment." and joined with that noun by a dotted line. (If the understood nature is retained in the "x," that is where the dotted line ends.)
The subject of the adjective clause "it" is on a base line separated from its verb "meets" with the perpendicular line crossing the line.
The direct object of "meets" is represented by the pronoun "ours."

Phew!
I'll send a R&K diagram to your personal e-mail, if you'd like.
Bruce