The problem is that there is not a lack of clarity in these sentences and
they are perfectly good English--the old rules were rules that didn't apply
to the real language.  At the most, you could argue that in written English
one might want to avoid the whiches that don't refer to a single word.
And since the clauses seem to mean essentially the same thing and refer to
the entire independent clause, I would be hesitant to call one adjective and
one adverb even though the which clauses cannot come at the beginning of
their sentences.