ADHS Archives

February 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Thayne Andersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 02:23:54 +0100
A thought from Germany........

I had a patient last week (an American civilian working for the US military
in Bavaria) who was arrested by the Poletzi and charged with drunk driving
for riding his bicycle!  (I guess that he had left the keys in the ignition!
:-))

While I was in Alaska, I occasionally saw cases where men were charged with
DWI while operating a snow machine - and once while operating a dog sled!
One of the "mushers" in the Yukon Quest (a dog sled race from Fairbanks to
Whitehorse, YT) a few years ago was prohibited by the Canadian government
from taking his dog team across the Canadian border because he had received
a DWI in Alaska about 10 years before.

I have also seen fighter pilots lose their flying status because of a DWI on
the road as well.

Interesting day and age we live in......

Thayne Andersen