ADHS Archives

September 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Bradley C. Kadel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:17:13 -0500
I know that women's temperance groups in Ireland protested against employers
paying their workers inside the pub.  I also know that during World War I
women assisted the police in Dublin in a scheme designed to cut down the
growing threat of female drunkenness and drunken soldiers, not to mention
their usefulness in informing the police of nationalist plots against the
government.  Probably not what you're looking for, but some interesting
tidbits.

Brad Kadel
Luther College