ADHS Archives

July 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robin Room <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:30:46 +0200
Listmates -- does anyone have an answer to this request from the ADD_MED
listserve?  I can think of etiquette books around the time of Repeal like
(if I remember her name right) Phyllis Whitaker's Bacchus Behave!  But they
are telling presumptively "normal drinkers" how to behave.  Is there any
prior history of setting a goal of moderate drinking for presumed
inebriates?  Robin

>>John L. wrote:
>>
>>A.A., which recommends abstinence, also states formally
>>in its literature that "our hats are off" to anyone who can
>>learn to drink moderately, and expresses hope and confidence
>>that science will in tie come up with something that will help
>>those suffering from alcoholism.

Stephen Jurd replied: