GRADCOLL Archives

November 1996

GRADCOLL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dickkopf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Graduate Student Collective <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:29:08 -0500
WELCOME TO THE LIST!

well, i guess we can officially begin testing out this list as a central
site for communication, no?  i assume rich has told you dave, that we
have our flyers ready and they will be ready for distribution this
weekend, if not sooner.  i am going to go to the english department today
and print out the final version and copy them off.

also, i want to put together a standard message that new subscribers to
the list will receive, saying a little about the reason for this
list...why it was started...out of what history does it come...what 'we'
want out of it...or some kind of statement about wanting to build this up
from participation from the onset.  i asssume that many people who
subscribe are going to have these kind of questions, and i want to
establish this from the onset to be something other than a place for a
liberal 'exchange' of ideas, but a space that is politicized from the
onset.  so if people like (excuse the reference) scott lyons join the
list, they are put under immediate pressure as opposed to the ego list
(for example) where there is a much more 'coalitionist' setting.  anyway,
sorry for all the english dept. references dave, but rich can fill you in.

anyway...i thought that since we have this list now, we could try our
hands at articulating what we want out of this collective, in the context
of a standard message that new subscribers would receive.  and why not
draft it on-line so that we all have access to it 24-7.  any takers?

[K]