MGTDEV-L Archives

March 1997

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Marcelo Rosenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 15:06:35 -500
While visiting Disney's Epcot Center I found at the Body's Wonders pavillon
a very simple but interesting display. Some colors names written in
different colors than their meaning. It results that it is quite impossible
to read the names without getting confused, since the situation provokes a
conflict between the two infomations: written names and the used color.

This gave me an idea to use in my seminars, but I trusted too much in my
memory and didn't take notes about the way the display was designed.

Well, here I am now attempting a lot of alternatives but no one has been
well succeeded. I can't remember if they used different colors on the
letters or in the back, or perhaps both. Or if the words were written
horizontally or vertically. I made a lot of simulations and couldn't find
out. If you know that display, please send me an e-mail telling how to
design it.

Thanks for your time.
Marcelo

Marcelo Rosenfeld