MGTDEV-L Archives

August 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Walter Derzko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 14:51:16 -500

I'm adding some new topics to an advance course on thinking  skills in
business course that I will be teaching in college next year.

One area that I would like to explore is the increasing interest in
managing  "intellectual capital" in any organization.

I'm trying to catalogue common generic management elements.

I'm looking for organizations that are actively exploring this process
and that have published documents and models outlining their efforts.

So far I have run across two firms- Skandia, a Swedish Insurance company
which puts out an  "intellectual capital"  supplement to its annual
report and The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) and the work
being done at their learning center by Huber St.Onge and expecting
documents from three more.

I'm scanning for other examples of models and processes to manage
intellectual capital in the corporate (for profit), government and
not-for-profit sectors in order to compare it to some of the theoretical
models that I have developed. Corporate names, locations, contacts and
tel or email would be appreciated

To save me time scanning several lists, please reply to my email address
<[log in to unmask]> and I will summarize all responses and post them to the
groups above <[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]>

Thanks in advance

Walter Derzko
Founder Creativity Consortium
An international club/network for lateral thinkers
(416) 588-1122
http://itrc.on.ca/CreativityConsortium/