MGTDEV-L Archives

October 1994

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 14:13:15 -0500
This request is addressed to any of you on this list who are from Business
Schools:

I'm wondering whether any of you have experience running a residential
program to alumni of your MBA program.  I'm thinking about offering a
week-long "MBA UPDATE" for people who graduated from the MBA program maybe
10 years or more ago.

I like the idea for several reasons:
        - Easily targeted/loyal market
        - Free access to names
        - Ability to cover more cutting-edge topics
        - Ability to use wider variety of faculty (e.g. researchers)
        - Tie-in to opportunities for alumni/development office

Do any of you have experiences to share about programs of this kind?  Do
you know of schools who offer residential executive programs to their
Business School alums?  I know that Dartmouth has a course of this kind,
but haven't heard about any others.

Thanks for your input.

Bob Gardner ([log in to unmask])
Southern Methodist University