MGTDEV-L Archives

September 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bric Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 11:51:10 -500
On the TRDEV-L listserv, Brian Wilson (a subscriber to this list)
asked if "anyone ever used Bricker's University-Based Executive
Programs book (from Peterson's) as a reference tool for continuing
education?"

In the hope that it may help someone on this list, I am sharing my
response to Brian:

I have -- but we have programming that's included in the directory.
We also have a copy of the directory.

Other directories are also available.  They include:

1)  The Corporate University Evaluation Guide to Executive Programs,
and The Corporate University Guide to Management Seminars, both from
The Corp. U. Press, a Division of HRSoft.

2)  The Seminar Information Service Workbook, from Seminar
Information Service

3)  Professional Education Guides, Vol. I (Executive Programs, MBA
Programs, Consortia & Forums), Vol. II (Management Seminars), and Vol.
III (Customized/In-house Executive Ed. Courses, Consultants and
Executive Training Software), all by ARK Company.

4)  "Which Executive Programme?  A critical guide to the world's best
management development courses.", by The Economist Intelligence Unit
(UK).

And there are others.

In addition, there are WWW sources of programming data.  Links to most
of these sources are available at the "Miami Links -- Management &
Executive Development" web page, at:

http://www.muohio.edu/~wheeleba/mgtexdev.htmlx

If you know of some university-based centers that offer programs of
interest to you, or just want to see what such centers are doing --
the web page "Miami Links -- University-based Centers for Management
and Executive Development" has links to over 80 such centers from
around the world at:

http://www.muohio.edu/~wheeleba/centers.htmlx

If you know of additional links that should be added to either page,
please send me a private message, and I'll check out the site for
possible inclusion.

Bric A. Wheeler, Director
Center for Management Development
Richard T. Farmer School of Business Administration
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio  45056-1675
     Voice:  (513) 529-2132;  Fax:  (513) 529-6992
Net: [log in to unmask]; http://www.muohio.edu/~wheeleba/