MGTDEV-L Archives

November 1994

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"S. Long" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 1994 10:55:48 LOCAL
I'm conducting research in the area of executive education, using a survey
 questionnaire.
Having pre-tested the questionnaire recently, a small segment of my sample asked
 what I
meant by the word "organization". Did I mean business unit, department, entire
 company,
etc.? If possible, I'd like to avoid attempting to define it for them since part
 of my research
relates to the concept of organizational culture - it would be better to have
 respondents
define the term for themselves.

Nevertheless, I want to make sure I'm not missing a generally accepted
 definition for
research purposes. Can any one help me either with experience, definition or
 literature
source?

I'm facing a similar problem with the term "CEO". Any suggestions?

Please respond directly to me ([log in to unmask]). I also apologize for
 multiple
list postings.