MU-VMS Archives

May 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John B Harlan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 1994 10:14:10 -0500
In article <1994May2.192426.25185@miavx1>, [log in to unmask]
wrote:
> I had heard a rumor that, with the mail upgrade on the OCEAN system, there
> would be a PINE mailer put in.  This mailer is much easier to use than our
> current mailer, and it organizes so neatly too :-)  Please let me know if
> anyone has heard this or if anyone has any updates on the status of the
> mailer.

Pine for DEC OpenVMS is being tested on the Alpha, and has unfortunately
manifested some strange bugs not usually encountered in its UNIX incarnations.
Until those bugs are explored and (hopefully) resolved, Pine won't be
available as a production service on the Alpha.  Kent is working on this,
and he and I are both very anxious to make Pine available, so stay tuned to
mu.vax-vms for further developments!

--

                          John B Harlan
         Campus Wide Information System (CWIS) Coordinator