MU-VMS Archives

November 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 1994 19:49:41 -0500
        Hey, remember me?  It's the Dennison Hall resident VMS expert, which,
judging by the number of questions I ask here, says a lot.

        I posted here a while ago about a friend who was running out of disk
space and I couldn't figure out why.  I was told to compress his mail file.
Seemed to haev worked.  Well, problem is back.  I've tried compressing his mail
file, gives a disk quota exceded message.  Tried switching to acquired space,
still, disk quota exceded.  He is trying to forward a 33k (I believe) mail
file.  Pine Barfs at this.  I had thaught that running Pine from a temp dir
would solve this, but, not so.  Any suggestions?  Still the STRETMRD account,
if you want to try again Kent.  Thanks for the help.