MUEMAIL Archives

April 1997

MUEMAIL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kim Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Electronic Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:44:26 -0500
On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, John B Harlan wrote:
> Effective May 12, 1997, Miami Computing & Information Services (MCIS) will
> implement a policy on the Digital OpenVMS cluster in Oxford (MiaVX1) of
> limiting retention of unread/unaccessed mail messages to 30 days.
> Under the new policy,
> any mail messages that have not been read through the mail programs on MiaVX1
> itself (Mail and Pine) or have not been accessed via a POP3 client application
> (such as Eudora) and are more than 30 days old will be removed from the
> system.  Only messages that have never been read or accessed on the system
> will be removed.  Mail messages that have been either read online or retrieved
> via POP3 will be left untouched.

        Does this mean that over summer break, any e-mail messages we may
receive will be erased because we have not been able to read them?  I do
not have access to my Miami e-mail account over the summer which is
obviously longer than 30 days.  So, will messages I get this summer be
deleted?

Thanks,

Kim Anderson